To celebrate the release of Obi-Wan Kenobi, here are some equipment rules I tinkered together for exploring a galaxy far, far way with the ruleset from Cairn/Into the Odd/Electric Bastionland!
- Crude Blaster Rifle. Bulky, D6. 10 credits.
- Blaster Rifle. Bulky, D8. 500 credits. Example: E-11.
- Heavy Blaster Rifle. Bulky, D10. 1500 credits. Example: IQA-11.
- Blaster Carbine. Bulky, Blast, D6. 500 credits. Example: E5 Carbine.
- Heavy Blaster Carbine. Bulky, Blast, D8. 1000 credits.
- Blaster Cannon. Stationary. D12. 1500 credits. Example: E-Web.
- Vibrosword. D8. 1000 credits.
- Vibro-Ax. Bulky, D10. 1500 credits.
- Lightsaber. Counter (3), D10. 2000 Credits.
- Counter: Any incoming blaster fire with a damage roll of 3 or lower is redirected towards the attacker.
Here I would use the often-seen rock-paper-scissors mechanic, as expanded upon by Emmy Allen in Duels in OSR:
At the start of each round, however, both sides must choose their tactic for that round; either Push, Parry or Feint. Each chooses secretly and reveals simultaneously, like for ‘rock-paper-scissors’. Compare each fighter’s tactics, which will modify the rolls for the round.Emmy Allen, Cavegirl’s Game Stuff
If both sides match in their choices, both sides are Impaired in their strikes. If one side beats the other, their attack is Enhanced while the other is Impaired.
Parry beats Push, as the parrying character turns away the obvious attacks of the push.
Push beats Feint, as the aggressive push forward batters through the attempts at finesse.
Feint beats Parry, as the feinting characters creates openings to strike past their enemy’s guard.
For the Force, I’d take the really cool spellcasting rules from Into The Dungeon: Revived.
Using the Force causes Damage equal to the Ability Level × 2 to the user, ignoring Armor. At 0 HP, this Damage targets WIL instead of STR: pass a WIL Save or fall unconscious for a few minutes.
These abilities are also adapted from Into the Dungeon:
- Force Push/Pull: STR Save. Target creature gets knocked down or pulled closer.
- Force Defend: Take a defensive position in front of nearby allies. All ranged blaster attacks are deflected back towards your attackers, but each blaster attack deals 1 WIL damage. At the end of your turn, make a WIL Save.
- Force Jump: You can jump anywhere up or across within Nearby range.
- Force Sense: You detect all life within Close to Nearby range.
- Mind Trick: Target creature makes a WIL Save. On a fail, the target becomes friendly until your next Rest.
- Foresight: You gain +1 Armour until your next turn.
- Focused Strike: Target of your next attack must succeed on a DEX Save, or the attack ignores HP and goes directly for the STR Score.
- Unbalance: Bestows disadvantage on the next Save.
- Force Blast: Blasts open doors, or does d8 damage.
- Force Blur: Attacks against you are Impaired during this combat.
- Battle Meditation: Gain heightened senses of perception and Advantage on WIL Saves.
- Force Hold: Stuns one humanoid until passing a STR Save at the end of their turn.
- Perfect Strike: The next attack with a ranged- or melee weapon ignores HP and goes straight for STR.